Where to Mount Units?
STANDARD CABINETS and SHELVES
Anybody can do it!!
Each unit base MUST be attached to the cabinet/pantry bottom or a permanently fixed shelf with the included screws.
- The mounting screws will fasten into almost any material, except metal or stone.
- Failure to attach will result in the Drawer and its contents tipping and falling out when extended.
- The Drawers are intended for mounting to a fixed base.
- If mounted to a movable/adjustable shelf, you MUST first secure that shelf to the cabinet side to make it permanent. Home improvement stores carry shelf clips that lock a shelf in place or D.I.Y. with blocks of wood or brackets (not-included).
- The contents you store on a shelf and the weight of the Drawer(s) can cause a shelf to bow and the whole shelf could tip when a drawer is extended and the shelf not secured permanently.
Units can be attached to wire shelves. There are mounting holes through the bases that zip-ties can be passed through or screws/bolts can be attached to a block of wood underneath the shelf. The bases are easliy drilled to give you more access holes. It is very important to make sure the wire shelves will not tip forward when the weight of the drawers are pulled open.
Visit the "WIRE SHELVING" FAQ section for more details.